We're looking for committed professionals who will take full advantage of the chance to lead, grow and succeed. As a Mare Culinary Lounge manager, your decisions and experience will impact our entire team and can lead to great rewards, including personal growth and competitive salaries.
The General Manager (GM) is responsible and accountable for all restaurant activities, and assumes complete responsibility for the restaurant as necessary. The GM works to ensure that all activities are consistent with and supportive of the restaurant's business plan. The GM ensures all employees (shift leader and crew persons) are performing their job responsibilities and meeting expectations in all areas of their job descriptions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- • Maintains a GUEST focus while performing duties.
- • Maintains a hygiene level required by the local Health Department and ensures that food sanitation, safety and proper food handling functions are practiced on a daily basis.
- • Must be able to work without direct supervision is required.
- • Handle a fast-paced, busy, and sometimes stressful environment, and work under pressure.
- • Communicate with ownership, chefs, other management and employees efficiently with proper reporting, and meetings.
- • The GM consistently provides a quality product and customer service experience that delivers total customer satisfaction.
- • The GM responds positively and quickly to customer concerns. He or she corrects potential problems before they affect customers.
- • The GM hires high quality people who demonstrate and ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
- • Ensures all employees are trained, motivated and empowered to deliver total customer satisfaction. Evaluates each employee's ability to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- • Maintains restaurant at the level necessary to meet and exceed the company standards for Quality, Service and Cleanliness.
TRAINING and DEVELOPMENT
- • The GM continuously improves the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees. He or she treats the employees with dignity and respect; creates an environment where the entire team does the same.
- • The GM effectively utilizes all training programs from new employee orientation up to and including management training classes
- • The GM prepares qualified employees for promotion to the next position. He or she continually develops adequate numbers of shift leaders to meet the objective of the business plan.
- • The GM evaluates each employee's performance based on clearly communicated standards and expectations. The GM holds the employees accountable for performance. The GM makes tough decisions regarding all performance related issues in the restaurant; confronts poor performance.
- • Troubleshoot unexpected or unusual situations.
- • Interview, hire, evaluate and discipline employees when applicable.
- • Provide leadership for subordinates and instruct in details of the work they perform (either directly or by enforcement of well-established rules), allot work, observe performance in detail and work with subordinates to improve performance.
- • Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
EFFECTIVE BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- • The GM maximizes financial performance and profit.
- • The GM develops and executes the business plan (key elements include: fiscal responsibilities, manpower planning and local restaurant marketing) for the restaurant. Achieves results by planning, communicating, delegating and following up.
- • Prepare staff work schedule(s).
- • Identifies and develops local restaurant marketing strategies to maximize sales.
APPROPRIATE and FAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES
- • The GM ensures business and personnel practices are within the law and consistent with policies and procedures.
- • The GM serves as a role model and sets a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel management.
- • Enforces all labor laws (federal, state and local).
- • Follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of all employees, customers and company assets (building, cash, equipment, supplies).
- • Upholds company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees.
- • 5+ years of management experience in a fine dining restaurant preferred
- • Excellent customer service skills
- • Experience in scheduling and purchasing
- • Must have extensive beer/wine/spirits and food knowledge
- • Ability to connect with guest and touch tables
- • Strong organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints with particular attentions to detail and quality of service
- • Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- • Ability to lead, mentor and inspire a team
- • Inventory, Food and Liquor Costing experience a must
- • Computer and tech savvy (Excel, Aloha and Micros experience a must)
- • Interacting with patrons in order to develop and maintain a neighborhood following
- • Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, associates, and hourly employees; effectively listen and administer instructions, make decisions quickly and delegate responsibilities accordingly, and remain calm and manage multiple tasks in very high paced and stressful environment.
- • Extensive knowledge of wine and fine dining or upscale restaurant service and salesmanship
- • Cost Accounting; Developing Budgets; Financial Planning and Strategy; Decision Making, Process Improvement and Strategic Planning.
- • Strong floor presence
Our Restaurant Managers are responsible for ensuring 100% Guest Satisfaction, which in turn, results in guests’ recommending Mare Culinary Lounge to their friends. They’re focused on delivering the freshest, highest quality, contemporary Italian food, complemented by a great glass of wine.. Restaurant Managers create an atmosphere in the restaurant that builds energy, vitality, and fun, generating excellent service ratings and positive "word of mouth."
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- • Ensure Staff are providing excellent customer service
- • Ensure food is served to customers in a timely fashion
- • Train Staff on areas of improvement
- • Manage labor %
- • HR Duties (hiring, reviewing staff, etc)
- • Take Inventory
- • Place Food Order for Suppliers as required
- • Certified Food Manager (must obtain prior to starting work -- see servsafe as a possible vendor)
- • Prior POS experience(Aloho, Micros, etc)
- • Minimum 2 years experience in Restaurant/Supervision
- • Must have knowledge of Wines, beer and liquor
Additional responsibilities include:
Selecting and retaining highly skilled service-oriented employees; modeling and upholding the Mare Culinary Lounge principles; motivating and retaining employees by providing ongoing training and development; regularly measuring and evaluating service levels and standards using guest and employee feedback; developing plans for continuous improvement.
The Ideal Candidate must have a minimum of 2 year's experience as a supervisor in the restaurant industry. Has a current CA Serv-Safe License, food cost and inventory experience. Great wine knowledge. A team player with great communication skills, able to muti-task, and have great customer service skills.
The Catering Manager will book, plan, coordinate and deliver on-site and off-site caterings for multiple locations.
- • Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, networking, etc...) while maximizing banquet space to meet/exceed revenue goals.
- • Execute a territorial marketing strategy to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals.
- • Plan, up sell and detail the meeting/function with the client including: space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc.
- • Complete the contracts, prepare the appropriate paperwork, coordinate with the appropriate restaurant locations, and resolve any issues, complaints and problems to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
- • Prepare status and period end reports to keep management abreast of activities.
- • Maintain up-to-date knowledge of corporate/restaraunt procedures and products and the competition's product, strengths and weaknesses to continually improve sales strategies and the achievement of goals.
- • Participate in communication and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote sales.
- • Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- • Requires thorough knowledge food & beverage catering and organizing events.
- • Requires knowledge of the restaurant's policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines.
- • Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities and/or information involving readily available data and indicating logical conclusions and recommendations.
- • Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and/or restaurant guests.
- • Must have a minimum of 3 years of restaurant catering and/or related work experience to be considered for this position and must have good written, oral and communication skills.
- • A college degree preferred but not required.
- • Must be self-motivated, high energy, outgoing, outspoken and have a strong desire to sell and lead a team.
Our Culinary Chefs guarantee consistent planning, production, preparation, and prompt delivery of hot food, and promote energy, teamwork, and excitement within the kitchen to guarantee excellent food quality each and every time.
Ensuring efficient and successful execution of all culinary initiatives; selecting and training highly skilled culinary employees; motivating and retaining employees by providing ongoing training and development; continually developing culinary employees’ cooking, food preparation, food safety, food and wine pairing and sanitation skills to ensure the delivery of great tasting, hot food hot and cold food cold.